Saturday, March 05, 2005

Cerebral Atrophy, Trying Repeatedly, Infinite Oblation, Never Attained!

I am a spineless shell of a human - I have gone back on my word not to write again - I relent. I relent. Those few, meagre hits each day, pining for a post from this pipsqueak of a human....argh....

The Crucible is over! I garnered the award for 'best accent' and a nice white rose....Francis Nurse is a glad and happy old man.....what with all that lovely white dye in my hair and the painted wrinkles (painted, you say?!). I nearly went to a club tonight. I'm such a cheap, lazy sod.
A whole week of performances and late nights...four hours of sleep is certainly not my thing every night. Especially when the work burden seems to have been tripling and you have to tread even harder just to keep your head above the ever rising stream. We float - but the weights tied to our ankles are heavy indeed!

Today's topic, my lovelies - today's topic, is LOVE. Yes, LOVE.
Now I sound bullish.
Oh yes - before I forget - Martha Stewart is out of jail.
Back to the topic. Is it unconditional? Yes. What should one do if it is unrequited? Cry. Cry. Cry. Then move on. What if 'tis not possible? Or perhaps (rather neurotically) one hopes one is misreading those (hopefully!) imagined 'I'm ignoring you' signals? Or if one merely clings to the barren hope of the crestfallen pigeon whose advances are spurned by that feathery specimen he pursues with such ardent admiration and yet this coy shyness turns his frail plumage to a scattering of fluffy down? Then it would be time for some sashimi/sushi after a nice relaxing swim preceded by a long hard revision session following a well-rested night which is just about to tail a calming session of computer gaming interspersed with bouts of revision of the adenoma-carcinoma sequence (whilst contemplating whether to attend a choir rehearsal tomorrow). As for love - it shall have to wait another day. It is ever-present, but a state of perfection unto which we can only ascribe our most glorious aspirations - unfortunately, these seldom materialise. Why couldn't it be so much simpler? I suppose being a mad-crazy-obsessive-compulsive-I'd-do-anything stalker isn't much of a plus point either. If only there were more women like that around...

No comments: