Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cue Bugles. The Last Post.

This is it. As we began, so we end. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
This blog has seen me through some great and ghastly times. For that, I am thankful.

Life, love and loss. I have come to realise that there are few (if any) things with a greater bearing on one's psyche. Money can be earned; time can be made, but an opportunity lost is gone forever. Still, one should not pine needlessly.

I am grateful - for those who are decent enough to be just that - decent. You're few and far between, but it's nice to know you're around. Good work, chaps.
If, perhaps someday I should resurrect this blog, I'd be curious to see how/whether it would change (dramatic or otherwise).
I am blessed to have had the opportunity to share some thoughts and experiences online.

Happiness may sometimes seem a fleeting thing, but I assure you - it exists. Perhaps someday I shall have the courage to find my own. There's no question that my nature shall drive me to the brink of insanity in my hell-bent quest to grasp at that fleeting remembrance of lost hope. Struggles and trials are part of life; one does not simply bow and accept the executioner's blow - one fights! One fights tooth and nail to the very bitter end for one's freedom, dignity and (pardon me) pride/belief that life doesn't have to be a heartbroken plea for mercy. Yet, if one should fall in that struggle - it is for us to bravely stand tall and thrust out our necks with pride - let the blade fall, for I shall never surrender my goals!
I have been so lucky in my life, so blessed and so cursed. I choose to live happily, to strive and never give up.

For now, I shall endeavour to be a nice person, to help others, to cautiously but boldly stand on principle, to tolerate and find compromise, to be humble, to encourage, to search and learn, to live - and love.

I remain, ever devoted, eternally and humbly yours,

Jason Ho

No comments: