Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Penultimatum

Tomorrow we drop the precious into the lake of fire....the precious will be gone....forever....

Learning to let go. It's like giving up, but it's never that simple. One works on the premise that it's bad to give up, after all 'winners never quit and quitters never win'. That said, it depends on WHAT you want to win. Which prize matters more - what sacrifices do you have to make in order to achieve those goals? Different priorities nag, but they are unavoidable. Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it - I tend to try to do this but it often ends in tears with crumbs on my chin and chocolate frosting on my jacket. "It could only happen to you, Jason!" echoes the familiar reproach...
We choose who we are; our facades (I would madly argue) can sometimes be part of our identities, whether unwelcome or not. I shan't make any apologies for myself.
It is with a more than heavy heart that reality sinks in - and reality, to put it plainly, sucks. It sucks the juices out of you and drains your essence into a puddle which causes you to slip, bang your head and fall prone on your deflated ego, crushing any vain hope of a chance to redeem what might have been.
In this insane hubbub of work-fuelled madness I can only try, yes, try to bring myself away from that chasm of insanity. Here we are again, back at the same old, same old - almost exactly a year ago. Looks like the precious hasn't made much progress.
What do you do when you sing out of tune? You buy a tuning fork and practise. The problem is that I'm not tone deaf - I can hold a note - rather, the cacophony bashing away within my mind is slowly diminishing all that I try (vainly, unfailingly, but unsuccessfully) to do.
Those microtubules need much more attention; goals have always been set but boundaries, I fear, have been moved. Luckily, the good old checks and balances haven't failed me yet - I can recognise problems and squish them to a little messy pulp. The goal. The goal. The goal. The end. The end. The end. The end is nigh, time is short; courage gives us hope - to endure, outwit, outplay, outlast and overcome.

No comments: