Thursday, February 17, 2005

Stop thinking about it and get on with it!

No comments unless you register. The sure way to lose a 'fan-base' but at least it'll keep me sane. Nehal's advice is truly sound. http://www.nehal-parmar.co.uk
I had a twenty minute power-nap this evening, from 6.10-6.30pm (my clocks run 5 minutes fast; the watch is 9 minutes fast, so I used a timer to avoid confusion). Found myself dreaming while semi-conscious. Rather scary thoughts - probably the accumulated lost hours. Lying there double-wrapped in my duvet 'dreaming' (or rather, deliberately stimulating REMs). One dream involved being stretched along a treadmilling microtubule; another involved a church wedding - just reading about Charles & Camilla - what a joyful couple.
I am often sidetracked by daily events; it's important to keep oneself grounded. We are simple medical students, trying to do our very best to become competent doctors who will be able to do the best they can for their patients.
This post is so incredibly mundane, I'm almost embarrassed. No inspiring thoughts just yet. We should learn more anatomy. I like mackerel. You can't beat Mother Teresa for sheer chutzpah. I wish there would be more Lord of the Rings films. Nope - the brain's running on empty now - it's time to leave off for a while. Time to get on with it. This blog is escapism, pure and simple - that's not particularly good for me.

No comments: