Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Gaudete!

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! I'm so happy I could burst from the sheer joy. For no apparent reason I seem to have 'clicked' - read a BBC article about how happiness and laughter prolong life. I like life. I have therefore chosen to make a life-altering decision - to be HAPPY! Life, liberty and happiness to all!
I just can't wait for tomorrow. Happy people used to annoy the living daylights out of me but now I've joined their serried ranks - I understand how it can be so frustrating to a denizen of the dark; yet truly, it is a wonder to be so happy. I'm fighting back tears of sheer joy! So wonderfully happy, for no apparent reason.

On other fronts - quiz this evening was very interesting, especially with people yelling at the Chelsea-Barcelona match projected behind us.....cogito ergo sum - attributed to whom? French nobleman and wave-particle duality? Melatonin secreting gland? Famous last words 'either I go, or the wallpaper goes' attributed to which famous person? Learned a fair amount!

I wish the administrative bugs at the Undergraduate Medical Office (henceforth derisively - but happily!) referred to as the UMO - would hurry up and post those crucial slides online. My happiness demands them!

It's like discovering one's true, inner, child-like self. I've gone back to a happier time, when one performs a task/learns for the sake of the sheer happiness that doing it entails/involves/gives! Happiness in everything! Of course, suffering is quite necessary to maintain a sense of decorum and adversity is the stimulus to achievement, but a pinch of happiness whilst passing through that swamp of adversity would make the going a lot neater. Carry the burden with a smile so the slave-drivers don't get any satisfaction; find some solace in the happiness you derive from going about your daily existence so you can say to yourself - I have done my best, I tried, I conquered - with a glimmer of hope and happiness that will bring tomorrow's happy morning closer to your sense of joy and peace.

No comments: