Thursday, March 10, 2005

Crunch Time

Some interesting comments have recently been posted to my blog (yesterday).
'Compos mentis' = of sound mind. A latin term used commonly in legal jargon.
No, I am not a 'gangsta.' I am a second year medical student who pretends to have a life and friends. Not that that's not entirely untrue...but of course you'd have to misunderstand me completely to prove otherwise...if you get my drift. I am also a (happy) single 19-year-old Chinese male with a younger brother; I live in London; I am a Christian (raised Methodist), I hold a Malaysian passport, I was born in Singapore, I like ice-cream, I dislike London Underground and I hope to be a surgeon one day.

As for comments about Millie's cookies and KFC bargain buckets - I don't really enjoy very greasy food, although cookies are truly delicious. Especially the chocolate chip variety. I once went to their outlet at Hammersmith Broadway and begged the man at closing time to sell me one - he passed me a smarties-studded cookie impaled on a wooden stick for free under the half-closed shutters. Lovely - but nothing to compare with the absolutely wonderful blueberry muffins they do....

There were also some comments about growing a 'bushy' moustache - I do not have, nor do I currently intend to grow one. I do not have much of a facial hair growth and that fact does not bother me very much - it saves on the effort of shaving.

I went for a jog with Hugh today. It lasted approximately 45 minutes, taking a circuitous route from our house, across Hammersmith bridge and back over Putney bridge. Fresh air and good exercise although I found it terribly heavy going. I don't really enjoy running, you see. Never been any good at it - made painfully
aware of that fact by my aching leg muscles. At least it justifies having extra ice-cream.

Such a mundane post - nothing much to hold a decent self-conversation on. Apologies. Until tomorrow, then.

No comments: