Thursday, December 09, 2004

Plummer-Vinson (Paterson-Brown-Kelly)

I have reached the conclusion that I am evil. I pursue an ends-justifying-means path to a goal that can never be reached, for to reach it would render the goal an empty promise. I look over my shoulder and would take a swing at those who would come near me. I think I know how to empathise, but I merely squirt a dribble of pity. I live in a crucible, a burning shield that suffocates. Depressing, ain't it?

Why do people think that laymen can regulate the General Medical Council? What gave plumbers and financiers the right to tell coloproctologists that they should be chaperoned when performing digital rectal examinations? In a small departure from protocol:

I AM NOT A FASCIST. I AM A PRAGMATIST. I DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU THINK I'M MAD.

SCREW THE BRIGADE OF POLITICALLY CORRECT NAZIS! YOU STUPID INSOLENT TURDS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PREVENTING YOUR OWN TERMINAL ILLNESSES AND YET YOU WANT A TRIBE OF SAVAGE PARLIAMENTARIANS TO STRANGLE THE MEDICAL PROFESSION WITH LOINCLOTH-TORNIQUETS. A PLAGUE ON YOU! TO THOSE ANTI-ANIMAL RESEARCH PROTESTERS AND ANTI-MEDICAL PEOPLE - DO YOU KNOW WHY, DESPITE YOUR SCAREMONGERING AND TERRORIST ACTS OF ANARCHY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE TREATED WITH THE CARE AND COMPASSION THAT BEFITS A HUMAN BEING WHEN YOUR COLON HAS RUPTURED? BECAUSE THOSE DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS YOU SET OUT TO DEMONISE HAVE MORE DECENT SHREDS OF HUMANITY THAN YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO REALISE. THEY CARE ABOUT PEOPLE. THEY CARE ABOUT RESEARCH. RESEARCH FINDS THINGS OUT TO SATISFY CURIOUS MINDS, BUT THOSE MINDS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CURIOUS IF THEY HAD NEVER FELT AT LEAST A TWINGE OF COMPASSION FOR THOSE DYING FROM INCURABLE DISEASE.

Phew. Forgive the rant.

No comments: