Sunday, December 26, 2004

Bah Humbug

I returned the belt. It wouldn't have fit me anyway.
I'm not sure what the cow statuette is for - the inscription mentions ruling the world, but the future is as dim and hazy as the past.
I suppose the shirt matches the shorts - let's hope.

"Another day is going by, I'm thinking about you all the time, but you're out there and I'm here waiting. But now you're gone and I can't think straight. This could be the one last chance to make you understand - I'd do anything just to hold you in my arms...somehow I can't put you in the past. Would you remember me...I know I won't forget you. After all these years, I'll be here; I'll be waiting. I just can't let you leave me once again. Somehow I just can't put you in the past. I'd do anything." Poignant at this time of year. Apt. Fitting.

Pause for a second to remember those in poverty and misery. Typhoons, earthquakes, wars, tidal waves, famines, civil wars, political unrest. Pause for a second to think about happier times. Life goes on. Indeed, life goes on.

No comments: