Saturday, December 18, 2004

I see sunlight

Touchdown at 1940 hrs. An eight-legged Sri Lankan greeted me later that evening. Little seems to have changed - veiled by the heat and humidity, the sunlight finally begins to stream through the clouds, beckoning me for a swim. I think I shall oblige. It's certainly quite a change to see sunlight after weeks of endless grey. Hang on - the great ball of fire's gone. Somebody's thrown a massive cloud blanket that stretches over those turreted apartment blocks. Argh. You can't win it all...
My consultant was ill, my flatmate was ill, my mother is just recovering - practically everyone around me is ill. I boldly predict that I shall not succumb to this current bout of seasonal flu, as this holiday shall demand slightly more of me than last summer's couch-potato requirements...remaining permanently on guard...those 'health sentinels' patrolling constantly. We simply can't afford to lose it now. Consolidate and build. Build and defend. Defend and attack.
It's time to get busy, people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas.
I'd wish you a good day, but that would imply that I don't want the rest of the year to be enjoyable.
Be well.

OK