Saturday, December 04, 2004

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Lovely. Pus squirted everywhere, splattering the bleached white coat of my firm-mate. Firms have been interesting so far. Yes, indeed, interesting. My (previously limited) powers of observation have slowly been tweaked and I've realised there are several people I don't really like. Still, too many things to tell in this little blog.
I met an a couple of old friends this afternoon for lunch. Good to catch up for a while.
Besides my schedule of 4 carol services accompanied by liberal helpings of mince pies and mulled wine, I'm looking forward to returning to Singapore in just under a fortnight. I do miss my family. Can't wait to make them watch the Lord of the Rings (again) with me...this time the extended edition DVD series of 12 hours, 22 minutes (triple DVD extravaganza)...possibly.
We really are linked by some inextricably complicated kind of tangled web. So many of these patients I've met share their stories; even observing apparently mundane human interactions gives an insight into the depth of meaning of this spinning wheel of life...I'm going all giddy now, spouting hallucinogenic metaphors like a fruitloop drowning in a tub of UHT milk. Honestly, now.

No comments: