Monday, December 06, 2004

Noel, Noel

I woke up this morning chanting 'mesosalpinx, mesosalpinx, mesosalpinx.' I know what the blasted thing is, but why did it secrete itself into that period of REM sleep this morning? Why? Anyway...
Oh, that lovely warm fuzzy Christmas feeling, nitrogen bubbles in my blood and a clot in my brain giving me that lovely nauseous feeling of wanting to embrace all of humanity and cry aloud my joy at the wonder and splendour of the season. Yeah.
Attended a carol service at All Soul's church yesterday evening - absolutely gorgeous mince pies. As a connoisseur I have to give my stamp of approval to the nice shallow-dish ones. Simply delectable.
One down, three to go...CU, St Augustine's and St Mary's. Oh, how I love Christmas, oh how I love sugary mince pies - not to mention the mulled wine.
That was certainly a lot of oh-ing...I seem to have temporarily lost my bearings - specifically the heavy one that keeps me weighed down and tethered to this good earth - the one that reminds me I'm nothing more than a frail human being. In a surreptitious fit of temporary happiness my mind managed to escape its prison and burst forth with unrestrained candour. Actually, life isn't that great. Always remember - it could be better. You don't have everything, you'll never get everything, but you can damn well try.
For example: Who do we look up to? What do we want to be? By whose standards do we define ourselves?
1) The professor of surgery (he's taller than most people anyway)
2) The professor of surgery (duh)
3) The professor of surgery (cut me some slack, okay?)
Enough of that. Life could be worse. Always remember to wear a lead shield when you enter the interventional radiology room - and don't forget the thyroid shield, for which a waist brace is a poor replacement (in addition to a sure way to make nurses laugh).

No comments: