Saturday, June 11, 2005

The sharp end

I've just completed several hours of packing - the final count is 32 - including flute, microwave oven, printer, several bags, several boxes, etc etc etc.
Was reviewing the Queen's Birthday Honours list - who gets which gongs - noted that they've decided to give knighthoods to Iqbal Sacranie and Jonathan Sacks - the Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Great Britain and the Chief Rabbi. Heh - that's the way, Mr Blair. I do recall an article from long ago the mentioned how Britain would never have lost the 13 American colonies if it had made Benjamin Franklin a Fellow of the Royal Society, Thomas Jefferson a knight, George Washington a Lord, etc. The key is to ASSIMILATE 'em. If you can't beat them, join them. If more gongs were given to people who feel 'underprivileged' and discriminated against, they just might feel less inclined to feel that way. Naive, I know - obviously you shouldn't degrade the honours system more than you absolutely have to...and they should definitely make me Lord Privy Seal and give me diplomatic immunity so I can go and shoot people I don't like - I mean, harrass people I do like - I mean - oh shucks.

The mover arrives in twenty minutes.
Lunch with Rashod - after an entire year - ought to be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice holiday back home Jase! Take a long earned rest - you deserve it.

NP