Thursday, June 16, 2005

I've settled into the ol' summer routine rather quickly...
Swim. Library. Piano. Clearing mail/old books/papers. Attempts to learn fairly useless (for my life, anyway) but rather interesting languages (hieroglyphs this time - Aramaic last summer failed before it began, as did Swahili the year before) - oh, I'm such a pretentious twerp.
Awfully hot weather - a forecast of four or perhaps even five showers (I mean the bathroom kind) to cope with today's heat...lovely, I say.

My heat-addled brain struggles to manage the copious volumes of information I'm trying to process in time for July 8th. Oh yes - the month after that just so happens to be August - birthday month. Hurrah! I'll be turning 20 - this year's motto was 'no regrets' - next year's shall be 'effortless maturity.' Popes have mottos, silly third-year (to be) medical students can have them too...

The EU looks set to collapse. Pity, that. I completely disagree with the French CAP handouts - agricultural pests. I do seem to recall that Britain is a much greater net contributor both in absolute (pound for pound) and percentage of GDP terms....

No comments: