Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dreams and comments

I've had some rather interesting comments lately - to the dear person who wanted my babies - darling, you flatter me - they're available for auction; please send applications for vetting to:

The Rt. Hon. J. Barot
Physics Department
Westminster School
London

Alright - this is weird. I've been having some rather strange dreams lately - one of them involved somebody I know being hanged at a metro station near my home in Singapore; the previous night's mental escapade had me careening down a motorway (I can't drive) with somebody I know quizzically asking me whether I had any driving experience. Enough!

Movers schmovers...yeah - it's that time of year again. One is faced with the endless delight of boxing and bagging all and sundry for a big (final, hopefully, fingers crossed) move.

I'm going to be in a TV studio next Monday. It should be an interesting encounter with Mr Jeremy Paxman, whom I missed once before. Perhaps he'll go easy on me on account of the 'ickle lad's youth and inexperience'. Dream on, Jason.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet. Bitter, cynical Jason (who tries to hard and falls flat on his face) thinks to himself - perhaps if you dance like a lunatic, pray like a man on death row and facilitate the continual transmission of parabiotic 'happiness' to other people (i.e. hugging and kissing) something good (no, I'm not Hindu so I shan't desecrate the concept of karma) will happen to you...of course you shouldn't expect something in return. Life's just not fair, but (I'm sure I've said this before) it's a game of averages, I suppose. Regression to the mean. Regression to the mean. Regression to the mean. Perhaps we should be mean to the regression - I'm not making sense anymore. Given another half-chance I'd go back and do things differently. Oh, so differently.

The little voice inside my head attempts to (smart-arse) pre-empt any attempts by others to correct me: "Quit whining, you little twit - get on with your packing! Oh yes - make sure you do an internet/'phone check-in and perhaps this time you should think a little harder before you choose to a (left) forward aisle seat at the bulkhead next to a screaming baby. The extra legroom you gain is offset by the bassinet and peripheral baby-gear..."

Days until I climb a mountain and check whether I'm prone to altitude sickness: 44

No comments: