Friday, July 29, 2005

A little bit of BILE

Nope. As far as my lazy spoilt-brat life is concerned, it just couldn't get any worse. Non-stop queues for one stupid 2-week 'social visit pass' renewal...then they take the passport and tell me to collect it tomorrow. More queueing...lovely.

Joshua (my brother) just acquired an Apple Powerbook G4. Some sort of metallic airbrushed trash. Traitor.

Then - to top it all off - I've just realised something. My laptop is currently being raped by a computer technician reformatting the busted drive...and he's taking his time...over a week now...
So, his 'Powerbook' and my mother's lovely sleek new Vaio laptop are suddenly both working splendidly with the wireless router thing I hooked up. Grrrreat. My own laptop doesn't. To round it all off, Joshua now has a desktop AND a (very good) laptop. Plus plus plus - he's using my name to convince my father to use that $100 discount off an iPod that came with his shiny new piece of fruity junk.
So - I've been stuck here - marooned, rather - on this island (Singapore), sweating until kingdom comes, stranded at home - between two construction sites as the crews rip apart Holland Village for the new Circle Line and the neighbouring condominiums 'redevelop' for the umpteenth time...and I'm just wondering how on earth I am finding myself wishing for the end....but the end of what? The holidays? Surely not - the sheer stress-hell of term-time is infinitely worse.

Did I mention that the third movement of the 'Moonlight' Sonata (C# minor) isn't coming along, no matter how frustrated I get with myself....? I thought it looked okay. The same way I thought Swahili and Biblical Hebrew looked fairly squiggly-easy, eh?

Back to square one.

No comments: