Monday, May 16, 2005

A silly thought

'The Jacket' - is a superb film....quite a mind trip, in my opinion. Do watch it if you can.
Just had a thought - Bill Gates continues to pour loads of funding into fighting disease in the developing world....the point is, MONEY TALKS....so perhaps, in our lovely capitalist society, a no-holds-barred financial incentive would get cures for diseases? I know that the cash is out there anyway, but, for example, a massive billion dollar/pound carrot (NOT paid in instalments) for the first person to cure disease X (in addition to letting them patent, sell the drug, etc) might speed things up a little....I think I'm being a little naive and oversimplifying it...but I think in this case, you can't really depend on scientific ambition....MONEY TALKS....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swiping your card slowly works well... ;-)

Hugh