Thursday, March 25, 2004

Onions and Pillboxes

After a prolonged absence, I write again.
Yesterday was the Imperial College University Challenge selection finals. I placed 5th (after a heated final play-off), making me the team reserve. Not bad, I suppose, but I shall return next year provided I don't ever appear on live TV. A rather good experience, mind you - I don't remember any of the questions, but my answers of 'onions' and 'pillboxes' will remain buried in my mind forever. (The correct answers were definitely-not-onions and allotments).
A PBL (Problem Based Learning) exam is scheduled for Friday, after which I shall view 'The Passion of the Christ' by Mel Gibson.
Saturday will find me flying off to Switzerland until next Wednesday, the day after which I return to Singapore. Hurrah - time for...revision. The Swiss trip should be a welcome break, though.
This post has been rather mundane - there's no life in these fingers at the moment. They feel claudicated. Or perhaps it's the brain that can't bring itself to spew forth some philosophically-incorrect annoying political invective. Regardless, we plod on. To tomorrow, a day that's always hanging over you but never seems to come.

JH

No comments: