Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sequelae

So it begins. The terminal decline. Descent into darkness. Loss of innocence. End of days. No, not the events wracking the world around, however momentous they may be. I'm referring to the little world inside this coccoon of self-denial that threatens to unravel a tangled web of deceit. Summer rains are here but they only wash the pavements; the rumbling sound of thunder outside reminds me of the constant grumbling in my addled mind. How did I get myself into all of this?
More to the point - how do I get myself out?
Some problems are a bit like thrombi. They may resolve, embolise to affect other aspects of your life, or extend insidiously. Apart from dwelling on the aetiology of the thrombus it might be wiser to concentrate on managing the situation - although a thorough understanding of how the problem came to be would guide the appropriate course of investigation and treatment. I only hope it's not too late.

No comments: