Thursday, November 17, 2005

Postoperative Mortality

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
Why put yourself through the intense pressure of something you can't get out of, something you dislike so intensely with your entire being that you want it to emerge in physical form so you can assault it, stab it, murder it in cold blood? Why force yourself to fight a battle you can't win, day after day, night after night - toiling just for the pleasure of others? I've never considered myself a hedonist, but this just goes far beyond anything I could ever have imagined. The worst nightmare - from which you can't awake. I hate it so much, so so so very much that I can't believe how much I want to get out. There is NO way out. None. None. None at all. I can't get out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can leave it any time you want. There's no shame in walking away from something that you hate. But if the hate only comes in bursts and is outweighed by the moments of pleasure, even of joy, then it might be worth sticking it out. If you do stick it out, make sure you're doing it for yourself, not anybody else. Not so that you can be something that you've always wanted to be, but so that you can enjoy being it.