Friday, April 29, 2005

Smile

The hobbits emerged, unscathed from Sauron's tower of doom.
I can breathe again. The air tastes different. The long, long nightmare is finally over and I can go stuff myself with lashings of salt beef. It's very difficult to express how incredibly elated I am. The outcome of the exams is quite another thing, but for the present moment let us just bear in mind that this too, shall pass. For a brief moment one can burst into a spastic fit of joy. Oh my - it's so incredible to be free. Free at last, free at last - Lord Almighty, free at last! Xian ku, hou tian indeed.
My first true smile in months. I could feel it. A massive grin that zipped across the face as time was called for the final time this week. It's nice to be able to breathe properly again. To have a good night's rest and dream about happy things. No more tossing and turning, no more paroxysmal fits of fear. No more hyperphagia. No more 4-litres-of-water-per-day binges. No more microwave plastic box cooking. No more early-afternoon panics.
Longer showers. Less sleep (finally!) No more brain-compressing information gulping. I can finally notice that the trees have sprouted leaves. Green is everywhere. The sky is blue. I'm human. I'm alive - and I'm so, so very glad to be. Living life again.
The sheer excitement is nearly overpowering.
I'm so very charged up for another term...thought I might have a complete mental and physical breakdown immediately after the final paper but for some reason I find myself raring to go - bring it on - whack me in the face...c'mon - ready for a hyperactive spiel all the way until the start of summer - when the brain can FINALLY atrophy. Just another month. Just another month. Then, then - then, we can chill.

No comments: